One of the 18 ship order in 1924. She was torpedoed by U26 and lost in 1940 while on a convoy. U26 was lost 3 months later.
History : Allen Tony 19/06/2008 CEDARBANK MV was a British Motor cargo vessel built in 1924 and owned by Weir & Co , Andrew. Bank Line Ltd and was of 5159 tons. She was built by Harland & Wolff Ltd Govan, Yard No 662 and powered by diesel engine of 717 nhp, giving 11 knots. On the 21st April 1940 when on route from Leith to Aalesund she was torpedoed by German submarine U-26 and sunk. The crew of 14 and 1 gunner were all lost. ref. used: Stuart Cameron, clydesite (co.uk) Read more at wrecksite: https://wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?12812